cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Check and Listen to Voicemail via Communication Panel?

TaigaWoods
Contributor

Hi together,

I got a lot of questions about how to check and listen to voicemail using the Communication Panel.

In CDT you have an notification icon about new VoiceMails at personal or queue level where the agent has access rights.

I didn't find anything about that in CP. There is just the possibility to call the VoiceMail IVR.
So the agents at the morning shift can't see if there are new voicemails available.

Even in FP18 I could not find anything about that.

It's just a question of missing rights or is there nothing implemented for VoiceMails right now?

BR, TW

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Jukka
Employee
Employee

Hello, 
Communication Panel doesn't have built in voicemail management. For now the recommendation is to deliver voicemails as email attachments into an email queue. 

Br,
Jukka

Jukka Suhonen, Contact Pro Senior Product Engineer

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Jukka
Employee
Employee

Hello, 
Communication Panel doesn't have built in voicemail management. For now the recommendation is to deliver voicemails as email attachments into an email queue. 

Br,
Jukka

TaigaWoods
Contributor

Hi Jukka,

is there any possiility to delete voicemails that are delivered via E-Mail?

I didn't found any possibitly in SC settings.

I didn't found any possibility to do this programmatically using any REST API.

I've found all the recorded voicemails in the DB at [xxx_Operative].[dbo].[VoicemailMessage], but I am not sure if it's the best solution to delete the entries directly at the DB by a SQL Server Agent Job.

BR, Robert

Jukka
Employee
Employee

Hey, 

Following answers applies now for on-premise installations. 

Currently there is no option to define system to delete voicemails automatically, but it's a topic we are aiming to improve in near future for cloud and will come eventually for on-premise. Also can confirm that there is no rest interface available for the function. 

With on-premise setup you could setup an solution that deletes voicemail when user replies with keyword "del" or "delete", but the solution is based on oldish virtual SMTP service and if you are already integrated to office 365 email service, then that is not an option. So, only way is via database and for guidance I ask you to create ticket as we don't want to reveal database structure publicly in community.

BR,
Jukka