cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sinch CC On-Premise Chat attachments

aldets
Frequent Contributor

Hello,

Got a question regarding sending attachments via Chat window. I've onfigured a Chat with the Visitor Chat Configurator. I drag and drop a file into the Chat window. It takes some time to "upload" the file (depending on the file size). After it's visible in the Chat window I press OK, but after that i get this error:

"VCC_XMSG_ATTACH_UPLOAD_FAIL".

In the browser console log I see "POST https://FQDN:port/ecfs/attachment 404".

Am I missing some additional configuration? Or is this due the fact, that On-Prem RI Chat resources currently don't support any other method than GET?

Also trying to respond back as and Agent with an attachment, but am not able to. The attachment button is visible in the extension area, but it's greyed out. Miss configuration?

Kind regards,

Alder Tsvetkov

Application Administrator

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Jukka
Employee
Employee

Hi, 

attachments are not supported in webchat at the moment. We have a plan to enable attachments & rich content there, but no promise around the schedule for now. 

Another thing that is planned is a Native Channel within Conversation API, that is a webchat type of application and there the attachment support is planned. If you wish to hear more about upcoming Native Channel, then please contact me and I will link you to team that is building it. 

//Jukka

Jukka Suhonen, Contact Pro Senior Product Engineer

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Jukka
Employee
Employee

Hi, 

attachments are not supported in webchat at the moment. We have a plan to enable attachments & rich content there, but no promise around the schedule for now. 

Another thing that is planned is a Native Channel within Conversation API, that is a webchat type of application and there the attachment support is planned. If you wish to hear more about upcoming Native Channel, then please contact me and I will link you to team that is building it. 

//Jukka

TaigaWoods
Contributor

Hi Jukka,

I can see the "Native" channel within the Customer Dashboard.
Do you have any documentation about how to link "Live Chat" with Sinch Contact Pro on-prem?

BR, Robert

Hi Robert, 

Sinch Chat (earlier called also as Native channel) is a channel via Conversation API and therefore Conversation API documentation can be used here: 
Cloud: Sinch Chat
OnPrem: Sinch Chat

BR,
Jukka