cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outbound Campaign Interface API

aldets
Frequent Contributor

Hi,

I was looking over the documentation and couldn't find a way to change the CallResult in a specific customer in a specific campaign over API. I can olny use Delete to completely remove a customer from a campaign. That is not my intention.

It would be great to be able to change the CallResult.

Use case:

Agent is making OB calls from a campaign. Calls a customer. Customer doesn't answer. Customer calls back. The IVR customizer checks the {ANUMBER}, finds the customer from the campaign. Changes the CallResult to HANDLED.

Or if not from the IVR then an Agent could press a button in the Extension area and change the CallResult if he/she answered the customer call from a queue.

So my proposition is to add PUT to given resource:

"/RI/obi/campaigns/{campaignId}/customers/{customerId}"

Kind regards,

Alder Tsvetkov

Application administrator

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Paul_Ishmael
Employee
Employee

Hi Alder,

Thanks for the descriptive post.

Indeed as noted "/RI/obi/campaigns/{campaignId}/customers/{customerId}" in lacking the PUT resource.

Be assured we have a development task to implement such OBI resource, although to which release this will be delivered in remains TBC.

Kind Regards

Paul 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Paul_Ishmael
Employee
Employee

Hi Alder,

Thanks for the descriptive post.

Indeed as noted "/RI/obi/campaigns/{campaignId}/customers/{customerId}" in lacking the PUT resource.

Be assured we have a development task to implement such OBI resource, although to which release this will be delivered in remains TBC.

Kind Regards

Paul 

aldets
Frequent Contributor

Hi Paul,

Thank You very much for Your reply. Looking forward to see the reosource in a future release.

Kind regards,

Alder

Hello Paul,

Based on our experience, it would be also great to have possibility to add all necessary data the campaign itself, including dialer, visible A-number, queue and so on via the OBI.

The reason is that in a CRM integrated scenario (SAP CRM, SAP C4C, and probably any other CRM), campaign parameters are decided and set by persons, who work with the campaign source system and not with System Configurator natively.

In other words, people who are responsible for campaign setup, work natively in other applications and they learn to use System Configurator solely for completing campaigns header data and starting them. From their point of view, they prepare 97% of campaign in the source system and just for few parameters more, they have to start another application, which has different UI and also different language.

Thanks and regards,

Dawood

aldets
Frequent Contributor

Hi,

Well, it's not an ideal solution but You can already do several things with OBI and some other older functionality.

Take note, since we use on-premis version, I'm talking about the functionality that can be found there.

Campaigns can be imported automatically. Yes, You can basicly fully automate one single type of campaigns but atleast it's something. With two or more types You'd need to change the settings via System Configurator. We have several departments that do campaigns. We have optimized to use such CallResults and Templates that can be used by everyone. One thing that a Supervisor needs to do, is to give access to the right User Group or sometimes add a script to be used or something else. This kind of setup is done in a few minutes.

If the campaign is imported you can change the status, add customers, delete customers. 

This is the guide to use automatic import for campaigns if You didn't know about it:

https://docs.cc.sinch.com/onpremise/fp17/system-configurator/en/ljf1617094466801.html 

Overall I agree that more methods would add the possibility to integrate with external applications. Or build your own apps/scripts. Poking around in the database is a no-go for me 🙂 .

Kind regards,

Alder

Hi,

thanks, that's actually how we do it for several customers. Call result manipulation is not so problematic - basically we use either SAP CRM onprem, where we manipulate call list items via ICI and SAPphone RFC modules which works pretty fine, or SAP C4C transfer via SCPI (HCI).

But customers run different type of campaigns - if they run e.g. collection for due payments, they need Preview mode. For new product offering, they use Progressive as they don't need so much time to learn customer's context.

For different campaigns they also set different A-numbers, so that callbacks of missed calls are handled by proper team or proper IVR. Sometimes they have even different prompts per campaign (especially if there is a media advertised campaign or follow-up of direct campaign).

In most cases, those campaign variable parameters can be actually calculated from CRM data - that means from campaign leader point of view, they have double entry of information which was already entered in CRM.

Regards,

Dawood