cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MRS - calls recording

Piotr_Comtrust
Contributor

Hi,

how many (max value) simultaneous calls can be recorded using one MRS component? There is discrepancy in the documentation (on-prem) - in one place we have 400 and in another place 800 simultaneous calls.

BR, Piotr

6 REPLIES 6

Jukka
Employee
Employee

Hi Piotr, 

There is no easy answer and exact figure as this depends very much on your configuration and hardware. In general recording is one of the heaviest operations we are consuming CPU for. The main aspects that affect to this are: 
- Recording format. More compresses format will consume more CPU
- Concurrent calls. If you have compressed recording format and many calls end at the same time, then more CPU is used 

So, the answer is that depends heavily on your setup. I will anyhow try to check where the figures you mentioned are coming from. 

Br,
Jukka

Jukka Suhonen, Contact Pro Senior Product Engineer

aldets
Frequent Contributor

Hi,

If You are referring to the MRS variables in IA, then the documentation states the following:
Maximum Number of Simultaneous Prompts = 800
Maximum Number of Simultaneous Recordings = 400

So my logic is telling me that you can play up to 800 prompts simulatneously but you can record up to 400 calls with one single MRS.

You can always add more MRS modules to your installation to distribute the laod.

Kind regards,

Alder

sebatur
Occasional Contributor

Hi,

So pls tell me the information from training IA guide about MRS limits are not true?

"

Performance limits of SAP Contact Center components.

MRS - 800 prompts OR 1000 call encryptions OR 800 call recordings (NOTE that short calls create more load than long calls). Use different MRS instances for different service types.

"

This is a fairy tale?

BR,

Sebastian

aldets
Frequent Contributor

I'm not saying that it's a fairy tale. I was referring to the help documentation not the training guide. As Jukka stated, it all depends on the configuration and hardware.

If you are experiencing heavy load then you can allways add additiononal MRS modules. For example one plays prompts for Agents, one plays prompts for Customers and one handles the call recordings.

Alder

Hey, 
For now I would recommend to trust official product documentation rather than training document. That's because the training doc refers to "preliminary design limits" and as it has the word "design" it's really referring to time when version 7 was not available. 

I'm doing my best to check what kind of fairy tale we talking here, but my bet is that it's somewhere between the two figures you guys have found out. Also like Alder said it's recommended to add more component in case limits are getting closer. 

//Jukka

Jukka Suhonen, Contact Pro Senior Product Engineer

sebatur
Occasional Contributor

Thanks Jukka, Alder for replying and answers. Now it is clear what to refer to

To sum up:
One MRS dedicated only to call recording can handle 400 simultaneous recordings. But if resources on the machine are strong this limit may be higher.

Isn't it that after reaching 400 the system will stop recording?

BR,

Sebastian