cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Handling multiple e-mails from same customer

aldets
Frequent Contributor

Hi,

I'd like to ask, if anyone has some pointers on how to handle the situation where a customer sends more then one e-mail to the same contact center queue and where the first e-mail hasn't been answered yet. For example, customer sends an e-mail and it is waiting in the queue. Customer then decides to send another e-mail with some addition information and it too will go to the queue. Now for some period of time these two e-mails from the same customer are waiting in the same queue. Here now most probably these two e-mails will be allocated to two different agents.

Is there some way that the second e-mail could also be preferrably allocated to the first agent? Or to one single agent.

Perhaps there is a custom solution that is completely separate from Contact Pro. I'm just looking for ideas.

Kind regards,

Alder Tsvetkov

Application Administrator

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Jukka
Employee
Employee

Hi Alder, 

You didn't specify if this is about CDT or CP, but let me answer both. 

CDT - no easy way to do, you need to use history search to see this. 
CP - Like Dawood said there is build-in extension area for this purpose. If you make it little wider, then you see easily conversations (all types) from the customer. If you wish, you could also build own extension area to show only certain conversation types.  Example of build-in view: 

Jukka_2-1650540133704.png

The view basically consolidates conversation from a customer to one view. If you manage customer details in directory, then you will see all channels here. If you don't have directory in use, then it's based on contact from address (email, phone number or social address).

While taking this picture came to my mind that icon of the view could indicate if there is conversation in queue, in process or draft state. This way agent would not need to manually check every time the view. Will talk about this with colleagues.

//Jukka

Jukka Suhonen, Contact Pro Senior Product Engineer

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

dhlashwe
Contributor

Hi Alder,

we do this in CRM, i.e. when email is picked, then in CRM context all open activities are shown (including campaigns). But I believe you can do something similar in Communication Panel's extension area, with help of restful interfaces, or manually using picklist functionality. 

Just an idea..

BR,

Dawood

aldets
Frequent Contributor

Hi Dawood,

Thanks for your reply. This is actually a create idea to find all open or inQueue e-mails from the customer with Communication Panels extension area. I'll look into it, thanks.

Kind regards,

Alder

Jukka
Employee
Employee

Hi Alder, 

You didn't specify if this is about CDT or CP, but let me answer both. 

CDT - no easy way to do, you need to use history search to see this. 
CP - Like Dawood said there is build-in extension area for this purpose. If you make it little wider, then you see easily conversations (all types) from the customer. If you wish, you could also build own extension area to show only certain conversation types.  Example of build-in view: 

Jukka_2-1650540133704.png

The view basically consolidates conversation from a customer to one view. If you manage customer details in directory, then you will see all channels here. If you don't have directory in use, then it's based on contact from address (email, phone number or social address).

While taking this picture came to my mind that icon of the view could indicate if there is conversation in queue, in process or draft state. This way agent would not need to manually check every time the view. Will talk about this with colleagues.

//Jukka

aldets
Frequent Contributor

Oh... my.. god.

How did I miss that. That is exactly what I was looking for. Thank you so much.

Also, the idea, that it would show a little addition to the icon that there are additional e-mails in queue from the same customer, would be an awesome feature.

Again, thank you.

Kind regards,

Alder

tobiasz
Occasional Contributor

Do we have any idea if/then the notification can be implemented? This is something which would be very helpful for our agents. I would guess that we have thousands of "duplicate" emails every year. 

Tobias Zackrisson
Elkjop Nordic AS

Jukka
Employee
Employee

Hi Tobias, 
I will try to get this into 23q1 basket. For tracking purposes there is now feature request with ID CC365FR-582.

BR,
Jukka