Conversation API allows you to send messages to any channel you have configured. To configure a new channel in your Conversation API App:
- Log in to the Sinch Customer Dashboard.
- Select Conversation API from the left menu and select the Apps option. The Conversation Apps page is displayed.
- Click the name of the app to which you want to add the SMS Channel. For example, click TestApp. The TestApp setup page is displayed:
Note: If you do not already have a Conversation API App – click here to learn how to create one.
- For the purposes of this tutorial we will configure the SMS channel. In the Set up channels section find the SMS channel and click SET UP CHANNEL.
- The Configuration dialog box is displayed:
Select your SMS Service Plan ID from the drop-down and click SAVE.
Note: This configuration step will differ according to which channel you select.
After your channel is configured, you should set up a webhook with triggers so that you can receive callbacks. Callbacks are requests sent to your configured webhook and can be configured to send information about various events. You can set up a webhook In the dashboard or In the management API. For more detailed information about webhooks and triggers, click here.