The Conversation API delivers contact messages, delivery receipts for app messages and various notifications through callbacks. You can create up-to 5 endpoints (webhooks) per conversation API app through the Sinch Customer Dashboard or by using the /webhooks management endpoint.
To add a new webhook to your Conversation API app:
- Log in to the Sinch Customer Dashboard.
- Select Conversation API from the left menu and select the Apps option. The Conversation Apps page is displayed.
- Click the name of the app to which you want to add the webhook. For example, click TestApp. The TestApp setup page is displayed. Scroll down to the Webhooks section:
Note: If you do not already have a Conversation API App – click here to learn how to create one.
- Click ADD WEBHOOK. The New webhook dialog box is displayed:
- In the Target type drop-down, select HTTP.
- In the Target URL field, enter the URL to which you want the webhook to point.
- If you want the webhook to validate against your chosen endpoint, enter the token you want the webhook to use in the Secret token field.
- Select all the triggers you want to add to the webhook, in the Triggers down-down:
For more information about the kinds of information and events the triggers can return, see the webhook triggers documentation.
Click Create to add the webhook.
- The webhook is created and is displayed in the Webhooks section of the app page.