cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Microsoft SQL Server 2019

Nina_Makkonen
Employee
Employee

As Sinch has successfully tested Microsoft SQL Server 2019 with Sinch Contact Pro release FP18, SQL Server 2019 is now supported. Documentation will be updated accordingly later.

8 REPLIES 8

thomashoegl
Contributor

Hi,

great news. Thanks.

One of our customers is planning to have the SQL installation in a Azure SQL Database Managed Instance, and a seperate SQL installation for Reporting Server in a VM.

As far as we saw it seems to have all that Sinch Contact Pro needs, because Reporting Server would be on a separate SQL instance at all.

Does anyone have experience with installation of Sinch Contact Pro in Azure SQL Managed Instance?

Or is it supported at all?

Thanks.

BR Thomas

Jukka
Employee
Employee

Hi Thomas, 
Sinch has no experience of Azure, we are running our cloud in AWS and no experience of managed SQL instances yet. We are planning to investigate AWS managed SQL instance, but likely that won't help here. 

If I remember right one partner did a Azure setup several years ago, but no idea what is the status nowadays. 

BR,
Jukka

Jukka Suhonen, Contact Pro Senior Product Engineer

Hi Jukka,

thanks for your answer.

We have a good feeling about this installation and I think we give it a try, but we are afraid of an answer from Sinch Support like "sorry, we can't help because Azure SQL Managed Instance is not supported" when we create a ticket which is about something different than a database problem. 😄 If it's an issue with DB installation itself, then I fully understand that we don't get any or much support.

BR, Thomas

Happy to help. I also think that it should be fine, but never know without testing. So, let me know the results. I cannot promise full support, but of course we try to help as much as we can and avoid answering that "combination is not supported". And typically with databases it's about either about installation problems or performance. If it's installation, then it already indicates that this won't work and with performance there is typically easy ways to improve. 

BR,
Jukka

Jukka Suhonen, Contact Pro Senior Product Engineer

Hi Jukka,

that's really reassuring to hear.

Sure...we will give feedback if it worked.

Thanks.

BR, Thomas

Hi Thomas,

We have had a configuration of Contact Pro on Azure for many years now. It is currently on 2019 OS / 2019 SQL with FP18. We did originally use SQL managed for the main databases but switched to our own installation on Azure with the bring your own license because it was cheaper and we wanted more control of it. I've found that even when the SQL installation scripts have a failure, you can look at the script code and figure out why it happened and correct it or make a workaround. 

Sincerely,

Glenn

JohnUK
New Contributor

Great news, does this also include SQL 2019 Always-On version?

Hi Glenn,

thanks for your answer.

We now installed Sinch Contact Pro on an Azure SQL Managed Instance with SQL authentication. There were a lot of changes to do in installation script in regards to SQL authentication, but for Azure SQL Managed Instance we had to comment only the line with Simple recovery model at Monitoring Database.

Our first tests didn't show any problem, but during our advanced tests we realized that we are not able to save some settings in System Configurator. We always get a MSDTC error message in Agent Server logfiles and therefore saving was aborted.

How did you handle these errors?

Thanks.

BR, Thomas