Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Audio channel remains active in FP19 Communication Panel

Nina_Makkonen
Employee
Employee
Symptoms
Communication Panel remains active even when there's no active call. Agent can also hear background noise when there's no call.

Solution
The functionality works as designed. By keeping the audio channel open for Communication Panel  the connection between client and backend is also kept active. 

However, you can change this with the configuration parameter keepAudioDeviceActive in CommunicationPanel.json file. The file is located under ECF_Agent\tomcat\webapps\ECFSettings and has the following content:   

"keepAudioDeviceActive": true

}

Change the value true to false, which means that the audio channel is no longer active.

Sinch Contact Pro never listens to agents via an audio device when there's no call. And the only situation when agents' calls are saved is when the admin has configured call recording in System Configurator.

Before you change the functionality consider that the change can cause side effects, such as agents not able to answer calls and queuing calls not allocated although agents are free. 

If you decide to change the functionality:
5 REPLIES 5

aldets
Frequent Contributor

Hi,

Is there somewhere a list where all or most important Communication Panel variables are described? for the .json file? For On-Premise I've seen different variations. It would be nice to see a complete list and descriptions what a variable actually does.

Kind regards,
Alder

Hi,

Thank you for bringing this up. Unfortunately we don't have such a list yet but this is now on our to-do list.

Kind regards,
Nina

Jukka
Employee
Employee

FYI for all. List of parameters can be found from 7.0.19.0.zip\ECF Web Server\contents\tomcat\webapps\ECFSettings\ReadMe.txt 

Please be careful when changing the parameters as can affect to performance and functionality. Rather contact support than start guessing what a specific parameter means. 

Jukka Suhonen, Contact Pro Senior Product Engineer

aldets
Frequent Contributor

Hi Jukka,

Thanks for pointing that out.

I've seen that readme.txt and I'd say that most of the variables are self-explanatory. But why not put the descriptions in the readme.txt in the first place (with a sentence or two)?  I'd guess that not many would contact support because they don't use it, but still, why bother your support and waste their time if the information would already be there in the first place?

Kind regards,
Alder

Jukka
Employee
Employee

We will definitely consider your proposal. It won't make to current releases, but we will see what happens with FP20. 

//Jukka

Jukka Suhonen, Contact Pro Senior Product Engineer