cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PLAY_FILE ClientCom command

Piotr_Comtrust
Contributor

Hi Guys,

is there any substitute/workaround to PLAY_FILE ClientCom command but in Communication Panel? I mean this function:

//start playing
MCTABuff.Command "_CMD=PLAY_FILE;Filename=C:\\testing.wav;"
//stop playing
MCTABuff.Command "_CMD=PLAY_FILE;Filename=;"

Or maybe is it on a roadmap to implement such a function in Communication Panel as an Action type message?

BR, Piotr

4 REPLIES 4

Jukka
Employee
Employee

Hi Piotr, 

Currently we don't have such a feature for Communication Panel. On roadmap we have item to enable automatic agent greeting out of the box. In short this feature would enable agent to record greetings and configure what queues should play the greeting. 

In CDT world, like you said the same can be done with clientcom and partners have developed custom code/solutions around it. With Communication Panel the audio stream is webrtc and more difficult to be injected. I know that a partner is trying to do it for onprem Communication Panel release, but don't know current status.

Br,
Jukka

Jukka Suhonen, Contact Pro Senior Product Engineer

Hi Jukka,

about the "agent greeting" feature - will it be possible to use the feature also for outbound calls for playing, for example, an upfront message that the call is recorded? And when is the "agent greeting" feature planned to be released?

dhlashwe
Contributor

Hi Piotr,

we have modified the CommPanel in order to autogreet. We drive the parameters from IVR using CAD, i.e. for some queues we enable autogreet, for some not. It is currently under test with customer but we also consider this as a temporary solution. I assume standard feature from Sinch will be implemented as a server-side solution but we will see.

We are probably in a similar situation as you are - our customer is using years our addon based on CDT ClientComm and migrating to CommPanel without autogreeting is not acceptable for them, naturally.

BR,

Dawood

Jukka
Employee
Employee

Hi Piotr,

Your wish to have prompt for outbound calls is now added to feature request. In this case we likely start with inbound scenarios, but I see that outbound is also needed. 

Timeline wise I'm not seeing this as the 1st priority for coming releases as we have other more urgent needs waiting, but priorities are subject to change and I will try to find development slot. 

BR,
Jukka

Jukka Suhonen, Contact Pro Senior Product Engineer