When you create an account on the Sinch Customer Dashboard, you are given a free virtual long number and nominal balance for testing. No activation is required.
To access your free virtual number, do the following:
- Login to the Sinch Customer Dashboard.
- Select Numbers from the left menu and select the Overview option. The Overview page is displayed:
- Click ACTIVATE YOUR FREE TEST NUMBER. The Free Test Number dialog is displayed:
- Select the Service Plan ID and the Voice app to which you want the number assigned, then select GET FREE TEST NUMBER. You will be returned to the Overview page.
- To view your test number, select Numbers from the left menu and select the Your Virtual Numbers option. The Your Virtual Numbers page is displayed:
This page shows you details of your testing number which you can use in the 'from' parameter in many of the Sinch APIs.
- Start testing!
Note that your free virtual number for testing is valid for 14 days.
Looking to rent a number? Check out Getting a number from Sinch.
Click here to learn more about how you can get access to a complete range of carefully-tested phone numbers, to use with all your communication services from Sinch.