cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SMS Verification

QwertyMC
New Contributor

Hi,

I am having trouble setting the template for verification messages.  The docs state passing smsOptions object, which i do like this:

"method": "sms",
"smsOptions": {
"template": "My test code is {{CODE}}"
}
However it never applies the custom template.

Any help would be appreciated.
8 REPLIES 8

Alex_Sberna
Employee
Employee

Hi QwertyMC,

Sorry to hear you're having issues. I've reached out to the Verification team for assistance and I'll let you know what I hear from them.

Thanks,

Alex Sberna, Documentation Engineer

Alex_Sberna
Employee
Employee

I heard back from the team and apparently that ability to adjust the custom template in the request is something that is disabled in certain countries. Without knowing what country you are in, this is what I think is happening here. In this case, to have a custom template applied, you would need to contact support or your account manager to make this change.

Thanks for reaching out and let me know if you have any other questions or concerns.

I am in USA and just opened the account as a trial to see if your offering worked for us.  We do not have an account manager.

naishade
Occasional Contributor

Hey! running into the same issue and confirmed by entering mutliple numbers from different countries. Also based in the US. Really unfortunate as this is kind of a core feature for us and spent lots of time going through the documentation scratching our heads without knowing it wasn't possible 😕

naishade
Occasional Contributor

Alex, can you confirm that its possible to make an SMS template for US numbers via an account manager?

If you have an account manager, they can enable this for you if you contact them. If you are a self-service customer without an account manager, the best solution is to open a ticket with our online team and it will be routed to the right team to assist you.

If you open a support ticket with our online team, they will be able to assist you in configuring the custom SMS template.

naishade
Occasional Contributor

Thank you!