cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Block SMS replies

SARoadrunners
Occasional Contributor

For my use case, I am sending 1x a race discount code via text to someone who has earned it and requested it.  No subscription.  1X.  So, I'm not interested in monitoring replies.  No 'stop' handling needed.  Is there a way to block users from sending messages to my Sinch number?  Dont want to be charged for replies or for replying to replies. In essence I'd like an outgoing number only.  Does that exist?  Can Sinch supply?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Alexander_Mair
Employee
Employee

Hi Jim,

If you currently have a 2-way number, Sinch will be unable to provide a way to block Mobile Originating messages.  We do however offer one-way SMS. 

Sinch’s one-way SMS includes multiple offerings that will cater to your specific needs, that is, local or global, sending transactional or promotional SMS. Please contact Sinch for more information.

With Sinch one-way SMS you will:

• Get the freedom to choose where you send SMS messages, we cover the world
  • Leverage lower rates when sending domestic traffic
  • Make sure all your critical communications are delivered in the moment of need
  • Get access to our direct operator connections to select specific routing
  • Have the ability to run cost-effective marketing campaigns.

We would also recommend you check https://dashboard.sinch.com/sms/country-information to find out if your location supports 1-way numbers.

Thanks and kind regards,

Alexander Mair, SMS Documentation Engineer.

Alex Mair, SMS Documentation Engineer

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Alexander_Mair
Employee
Employee

Hi Jim,

If you currently have a 2-way number, Sinch will be unable to provide a way to block Mobile Originating messages.  We do however offer one-way SMS. 

Sinch’s one-way SMS includes multiple offerings that will cater to your specific needs, that is, local or global, sending transactional or promotional SMS. Please contact Sinch for more information.

With Sinch one-way SMS you will:

• Get the freedom to choose where you send SMS messages, we cover the world
  • Leverage lower rates when sending domestic traffic
  • Make sure all your critical communications are delivered in the moment of need
  • Get access to our direct operator connections to select specific routing
  • Have the ability to run cost-effective marketing campaigns.

We would also recommend you check https://dashboard.sinch.com/sms/country-information to find out if your location supports 1-way numbers.

Thanks and kind regards,

Alexander Mair, SMS Documentation Engineer.

Alex Mair, SMS Documentation Engineer

SARoadrunners
Occasional Contributor

When I click on the 1-way numbers for SMS link, I get a page saying I'm not authorized.  Can you tell me how I can learn more about 1 way SMS numbers?

Apologies - we have updated the answer to provide the information you need.

Shahzad Ismail
Head of Knowledge Management and Community Engagement, Sinch