Conversation API uses oAuth2 tokens for authentication, which can be obtained from an OAuth2 token endpoint, which supports the client_credentials flow. To authenticate the calling party a client_id (key ID) and client_secret (key secret) are used, which are generated when you create a new Access Key.
To create a new Access Key:
- Log in to the Sinch Customer Dashboard.
- Select Settings from the left menu and click the Access Keys option. The Access keys page is displayed:
- In the Access key list section, click NEW KEY to create a new key. The New Access Key form is displayed:
Enter a display name for your key and click CONFIRM.
- The Key is created and a Key ID and Key Secret are displayed:
Copy the Key ID and Key Secret. Click CONFIRM.
Important! – You must copy and store the Key Secret that is generated. You won't be able to retrieve it again once you’ve created the key.
- You are returned to the Access Keys page where your new key is displayed in the Access key list section: