cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to video: Configuring Launchpad and Web Chat

John_Burton
Retired

Just in time for the holidays... Learn how to use Sinch Contact Pro to imbed a communication widget on your website, allowing your customers to reach you via their preferred communication channels. 

Be sure to check out the other videos on our Sinch Contact Pro YouTube channel

John Burton, Senior Director Product Management
5 REPLIES 5

TaigaWoods
Contributor

Hi John,

looks well explained for Sinch Cloud.

How about the same for on-prem installation?

BR

Hello,

Actually, there's no difference between on-prem and Cloud for the process I show in the video of configuring the widget in the Communication Panel. Of course, behind the scenes, if you are an on-prem customer using Communication Panel (this does not work for CDT of course) you need to host the Extension Area iFrame somewhere -- either in your own data center or on our Sinch web server. But this is really outside the scope of the video which focuses on the configuration of the widget itself.

Warm regards,

John

TaigaWoods
Contributor

Hi John,

it seems not that easy at on-prem installation with FP18 ...

When I open url https://xxxx.com/ecf/latest/VisitorConfigurator/index.html I get nearly the same view as in your video at 1:14, but both buttons "Create new configuration" and "Load existing configuration" are greyed out. At the upper right corner I've found a login-button, but after login I get some error messages:

1) "Failed to get queue information for selected tenant"
-> I am on-prem and i don't have a tenant

2) "Failed to determine Visitor URL(s)"

-> Yes, I want to use the "Launchpad & Web Chat Configurator" to setup a new configuration

=> So this tool seems not to be usable in on-prem installations, at least for me...

Right now I am using https://xxxx.com/ecf/latest/visitor/configurator.html which is not that fancy but it's working as expected and is generating html and JavaScript that we can use at our company website.

BR, TW

Hi TW,

Ah, I see. Well, I apologize but I'm not really familiar with the on-premise version of the product, so I would suggest that perhaps you log a support ticket? Sorry that I could not be of more help. 

Best regards,

John

TaigaWoods
Contributor

Hi John,

that's fine for me.

Would you please ask your colleagues to create such HowTo videos for on-prem, too?

Because this is something nice-to-have I wouldn't open a support ticket for that.

BR, TW