cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Verification from API is successful, but verified numbers dashboard does not populate

Sockle
New Contributor

Context:

- Using free account (willing to pay but I do not represent a company and there does not seem to be a b2c version).

- After successfully verifying, via the Python API (https://developers.sinch.com/docs/verification/getting-started/python/sms-pin-verify/), I am still failing to see these numbers show up in the verified numbers dashboard (https://dashboard.sinch.com/numbers/verified-numbers).

- I am able to get a 'SUCCESSFUL'  ReportVerificationByIdResponse response via method 'sms. But sending text messages to this phone number still fails with the 'ERROR: Failed to send text message: Messages can only be sent to your verified number in test mode'

- If I were to manually enter my phone number into the dashboard I linked above, this would work. I just can't seem to populate this dashboard through the API.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Alex_Sberna
Employee
Employee

Hi Sockle,

Thanks for reaching out! So, this is an issue with a confusion of terms.

The Verification API, despite its name, does not have anything to do with the verified numbers on your Dashboard account. The Verification API is used to provide a mechanism for multi-factor authorization of users when logging into a service or account you provide.

The verified numbers on the Dashboard are numbers that you have proven you own or have access to. This article will go through the process of how to verify a number and get it added to the verified numbers list.

Please let me know if you have any further questions or run into any other issues.

Thanks,

Alex Sberna, Documentation Engineer

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Alex_Sberna
Employee
Employee

Hi Sockle,

Thanks for reaching out! So, this is an issue with a confusion of terms.

The Verification API, despite its name, does not have anything to do with the verified numbers on your Dashboard account. The Verification API is used to provide a mechanism for multi-factor authorization of users when logging into a service or account you provide.

The verified numbers on the Dashboard are numbers that you have proven you own or have access to. This article will go through the process of how to verify a number and get it added to the verified numbers list.

Please let me know if you have any further questions or run into any other issues.

Thanks,

Alex Sberna, Documentation Engineer