cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

rcs screening number

eason8376
New Contributor

I need to filter whether the other party's number supports RCS. How can I do it?

1 REPLY 1

Sam_Williams
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello, thank you for reaching out!

It sounds like you want to determine if your recipients can receive RCS messages. Support for RCS is provided by the RCS channel of the Conversation API. Using the Conversation API, you can conduct a capability query on any contact that is associated with your project and/or app. This capability query will conduct a check against the supplied contact asynchronously and retrieve information on its corresponding channel identities. These results are sent via the CAPABILITY webhook trigger. I'll reach out to the product team to confirm that the capability query works as expected for the RCS channel of the Conversation API.

Note the following:

• The contact against which you are conducting the capability query must already be associated with your project. Contacts are automatically created and associated with projects/apps in certain scenarios, including when you first send a message to that contact using a Conversation API call. If you want to conduct the capability query prior to sending any message to the desired recipient, you can manually create the contact in your system using a the Create a Contact Conversation API call. Ensure that you supply their RCS channel identity information in the channel_identities array of the API call.

• In order for your system to receive the results of the capability check, the corresponding Conversation API app must be subscribed to the CAPABILITY webhook trigger. For information on how to configure webhooks for your Conversation API app, see our article on How to add a webhook to a Conversation API app .

I'll respond to this post with any other relevant information I get from the product team. In the meantime, please let us know if you have any other questions.

Thanks again!

Sam Williams, Sinch Documentation Engineer