Issue with the MESSAGE_INBOUND trigger in conversation api using sms channel

Kamta
New Contributor

Hello,

I have set up three webhook triggers for my app:

• MESSAGE_DELIVERY
  • MESSAGE_INBOUND
  • MESSAGE_INBOUND_SMART_CONVERSATION_REDACTION

However, I only receive webhook responses for MESSAGE_DELIVERY. Here’s an example of the response I get for a delivered message:
{
"app_id": "Just for example",
"accepted_time": "2024-10-09T12:22:42.771Z",
"event_time": "2024-10-09T12:22:44.249879872Z",
"project_id": "Just for example",
"message_delivery_report": {
"message_id": "Just for example",
"conversation_id": "Just for example",
"status": "DELIVERED",
"channel_identity": {
"channel": "SMS",
"identity": "",
"app_id": null
},
"contact_id": "Just for example",
"metadata": null,
"processing_mode": "CONVERSATION"
},
"message_metadata": "{\"sms_batch_id\":\"Just for example\",\"dr_error_code\":0}",
"correlation_id": null
}

The SMS is successfully received by the recipient, but when they reply, I don’t receive any webhook for the reply (which I expected to come from the MESSAGE_INBOUND trigger).

Is there anything I’m missing or need to configure to receive the webhook for incoming replies?

Thank you!

1 REPLY 1

Sam_Williams
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello, thank you for reaching out!

It sounds like you've set up your webhook(s) and triggers correctly and are receiving delivery reports. With that in mind, I recommend reaching out to Sinch support for additional assistance. This resource will be able to use information specific to your account/solution to provide more individualized help. To expedite the process, ensure that you have the Service Plan ID of the phone number/account used to send the original SMS messages readily available.

I'll also reach out to the corresponding product team for more information. Once we hear back from the team, we'll either update this post or send you a direct message with any relevant information. In the meantime, please let us know if you have any other questions.

Thanks again!

Sam Williams, Sinch Documentation Engineer