Conversation API enables communication with users of the Telegram ecosystem using the Telegram Bot channel. To integrate your conversation API with Telegram, you need an access token, which is provided by a Telegram bot.
A Telegram bot can be created in the Telegram application by users with an active account. If you do not have a Telegram account, please download and install the Telegram application from the app store of your mobile device.
To create a new bot:
- Access the Telegram app and, if you don’t already have an existing account, follow the on-screen instructions to setup your account.
- In the search bar, search for “BotFather” and click on the verified result with the blue checkmark:
- An explanatory dialog is displayed:
- /start will appear in the chat followed by a full list of commands:
To create your new bot, type /newbot in the message field at the bottom of the screen and follow the instructions.
- Once your bot is created, its token is displayed:
Please store this token securely. It is required when creating your Telegram Bot channel.
Click here, for information on how to create a new Telegram bot.