Digital Interconnect offers two connectivity options to the Enterprise Messaging Hub:
- Hypertext Transport Protocol (HTTP)
- Short Message Peer-to-Peer (SMPP).
The differences between the two protocols are discussed in the article SMPP vs. HTTP.
In general using SMPP results in throughput of between 150-220 MTs/sec, while HTTP is closer to 50 MTs/sec.
These rates are impacted by a number of issues, including:
- current load on the input server
- connectivity between the customer’s data centre and the Enterprise Messaging hub
- customer’s ability to generate message volume.
There is no specific/discrete answer to the question of throughput.
Throughput to US and Canada Operators
Digital Intereconnect scales throughput to Operators based on historical and projected volume forecasts. Offering dedicated bandwidth is under consideration.