Instagram is a free, online photo-sharing application and social network platform that was acquired by Facebook in 2012. Instagram for business is an extension of the Instagram service which allows the business to use this messaging service for customer care needs.
Instagram is a place where people come to discover and connect with brands. People get inspired by stories and posts, ask about products and services, and express their love for the brand or sometimes ask for help. Social messaging plays an important role in helping people connect with businesses in personal ways through story replies, direct messages, and mentions. When a business can quickly respond and communicate in a personal way, it builds trust and loyalty, turns people into customers, and customers into long-term advocates.
Using the Instagram for Business API, businesses can streamline the workflow for customer communication by using the same engagement platform they use for other channels to respond to people on Instagram. Businesses can also connect Instagram messaging to existing tools and systems, such as
Benefits of Instagram API
- Global reach - Over 1 billion monthly active users worldwide 60% of people say they discover new brands on Instagram. 80% of users follow at least one company
- Personalize customer care - Build automated customer support through direct messages or user stories. Reduce response time and increase customer satisfaction.
- Increase brand visibility - Conversational commerce makes the customer journey seamless. Allow users to see your full product catalog or visit your website.
- Deliver world-class customer service with Instagram support chat - Be available to your customers with real-time replies using a chatbot with a hand off to a live human agent. Continue the conversation post-purchase.
- Build meaningful relationships - Increase brand awareness, maximize content reach and engagement, and encourage user-generated content.
- Improve customer knowledge through Instagram marketing - Streamlines the buyer journey with personalized recommendations and integrated data sources.
Learn more about the Sinch Messenger API for Instagram.