cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to reach from E-mail 365 one SMTP server relay on premise?

JaviVillar
Occasional Contributor

We are looking to use our one enteprise domain to forward our markeing campaigns, I undestand E-mail 365 provide some SMTP connector to make it work.

In case this feature was not available, I understand I cant use our official corporate mail domain.

Is this right?

2 REPLIES 2

Marut_Gaonkar
Employee
Employee

Although it is technically possible, we strongly recommend not to use the corporate domain to send marketing emails. It is always better to use a new domain to send marketing e-mails. The benefits are:

• ISP’s tend to recognize the emails coming from this domain as Marketing type of emails and therefore more likely to accept them (as long as other aspects are adhered to, for example, good content, clean contact lists, and so on).
  • If there are Sending Reputational issues then these issues will not have a major impact on the corporate domain, which could in theory effect your ability to send emails on that domain. This is because reputation is tied to domain.

Lastly, in our experience corporate domains are managed by the Corporate IT team and they do not allow internal teams to use the corporate domain for marketing email because of the above issues.

We can procure a new domain for your marketing emails use case. Refer to the E-Mail 365 API Specification for more information.

Marut Gaonkar,
Product Manager, Sinch

JaviVillar
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for your quick answer.