cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to use SSML in SVAML instructions ?

beaver
Contributor

Hello,

I use #ssml prosody to slow the rate of my call in my runMenu action. However, once the caller has made their selection, I have a simple goodbye message in a say instruction. I would like that goodbye message to be at the same rate. Is there a way to use SSML in a say instruction?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

You are absolutely correct! Sorry about that. I completely forgot that `say` is only for plain text and doesn't support SSML. For SSML usage, you should use the `playFiles` instruction, as in this example:

%{name: "playFiles", ids: ["#ssml[<speak><prosody rate='slow'><lang xml:lang='en-US'>Message</lang></prosody></speak>]"], locale: "en-US"}

Sorry for the inconvenience and let me know if there're any other questions.

Thanks,

Alex Sberna, Documentation Engineer

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Alex_Sberna
Employee
Employee

Hi,

Yes, you can use SSML in pretty much any of the `prompt` or text `fields`,  in the SVAML actions and instructions. You would just supply the SSML syntax within the the text field, as demonstrated by this article.

Thanks,

Hi,

I tried the exact same ssml syntax that I use in my run menu, like this:

%{name: "say", text: "#ssml[<speak><prosody rate='slow'><lang xml:lang='en-US'>Message</lang></prosody></speak>]"}

The call literaly say "Hashtag ssm speak prosody rate equal etc..."

Thanks

Hi,

You are absolutely correct! Sorry about that. I completely forgot that `say` is only for plain text and doesn't support SSML. For SSML usage, you should use the `playFiles` instruction, as in this example:

%{name: "playFiles", ids: ["#ssml[<speak><prosody rate='slow'><lang xml:lang='en-US'>Message</lang></prosody></speak>]"], locale: "en-US"}

Sorry for the inconvenience and let me know if there're any other questions.

Thanks,

Awesome !

Works just fine ! thanks