cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create a multiple locale menu?

Etienne
New Contributor

Hi, 

I'm trying to make a multiple locale menu with the voice API  using TTS and SVAML. This is something pretty typical, the call start with a message in french that prompt the user to press 1 to continue in french and then a message in english that prompt the user to press 2 to continue in english. In order for the voice to be understandable i have to use two locale, so i tried something like this: 

ace = %{
        instructions: [
          %{name: "say", text: "Bonjour ceci est un appel de #{caller}.", locale: locale_fr},
          %{name: "say", text: "This a call from #{caller}.", locale: locale_en},
          %{name: "say", text: "Pour le service en français faite le 1.", locale: locale_fr},
          %{name: "say", text: "For service in English press 2.", locale: locale_en}
        ],
        action: %{
          name: "runMenu",
          locale: locale_fr,
          menus: [
            %{
              id: "main",
              options: [
                %{dtmf: 1, action: "menu(fr)"},
                %{dtmf: 2, action: "menu(en)"}
              ]
            },
            # The rest of the menus definition.
          ]
        }
      }

This is elixir code but  should be easy to understand. `%{}` are map ( object )

This is working fine except for one major issue, if we press a number before the "say" instructions are finish, the call end. 

So if we press 1 as soon as we here to press 1 for service in french the call hang up.

I'm guessing this is because we are not yet in the `runMenu` action. Is there a way to prevent this? 
I can't really put all of my text in the `mainPrompt` field of the "main" menu because i can only choose one locale and it will be either incomprehensible in french or in english. 

Thank you! 

1 REPLY 1

Alex_Sberna
Employee
Employee

Hi Etienne,

The runMenu mainPrompt field supports using SSML, so you could mix two different languages in the same prompt.

ace = %{
        action: %{
          name: "runMenu",
          mainPrompt: "#ssml[<speak><lang xml:lang='fr-FR'>Bonjour ceci est un appel de #{caller}. Pour le service en français faite le 1.</lang><lang xml:lang='en-UK'>This a call from #{caller}. For service in English press 2.</lang></speak>]"
          menus: [
            %{
              id: "main",
              options: [
                %{dtmf: 1, action: "menu(fr)"},
                %{dtmf: 2, action: "menu(en)"}
              ]
            },
            # The rest of the menus definition.
          ]
        }
      }

This should work for you. You can read more about how to use SSML here.

Let me know if you have any other questions!

Thanks,

Alex Sberna, Documentation Engineer