cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VoiceApi - ttsCallout - runMenu

Etienne
New Contributor

Hi, 

I'm trying to implement a ttsCallout where i can run a menu with runMenu and receive the answer via a PIE callback. 

My request looks like this: 

request = %{
      method: "ttsCallout",
      ttsCallout: %{
        destination: %{
          type: "number",
          endpoint: message.to
        },
        locale: "Gabrielle",
        text: message.body,
        enablePie: true
    }
  }

I'm looking at the docs for callouts and i can see in the request, for the `ttsCallout` key which is an object, there is a `enablePie` key which is a boolean. The description says: 

If enablePie is set to true and the application has a callback URL specified, you will receive a PIE callback after the runMenu action executes and after the configured menu timeout has elapsed with no input.

where in the request can i enter the SVAML to setup the runMenu action? 

Thanks! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Alex_Sberna
Employee
Employee

Hi Etienne,

The ttsCallout is specifically for a text to speech call, so all it does is play a message. If you want to do more complex SVAML behavior, you should use the custom callout. Here you can include ACE SVAML object that will allow you to configure your runMenu action when the call is answered.

This tutorial uses the Java SDK for Voice to make a custom callout that starts a runMenu action, but the explanation for how it works applies to the REST API as well.

I hope this helps and let me know if you have any further questions.

Thanks,

Alex Sberna, Documentation Engineer

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Alex_Sberna
Employee
Employee

Hi Etienne,

The ttsCallout is specifically for a text to speech call, so all it does is play a message. If you want to do more complex SVAML behavior, you should use the custom callout. Here you can include ACE SVAML object that will allow you to configure your runMenu action when the call is answered.

This tutorial uses the Java SDK for Voice to make a custom callout that starts a runMenu action, but the explanation for how it works applies to the REST API as well.

I hope this helps and let me know if you have any further questions.

Thanks,

Alex Sberna, Documentation Engineer