cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sinch Chat - Welcome Screen & Send Message

Charlien
New Contributor

Hi 

Is there a way to disable the welcome screen and send message input and have the webchat initialize straight to the main flow when a user clicks on the widget to start the webchat?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Sam_Williams
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello again!

I have confirmed with the product team that the initialScreenConfig parameter should provide the customization options you require. Specifically, setting enabled to false. Below is an example provided by the team:

SinchSdk.Chat.mount({
  ... // other configuration parameters 
  initialScreenConfig: { enabled: false } 
});

Please let us know if you have any other questions. Thank you!

Sam Williams, Sinch Documentation Engineer

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Sam_Williams
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello, thank you for reaching out!

The Web Chat SDK for Sinch Chat does have several configuration parameters that can be used to customize your solution. I will reach out to the product team to confirm, but the initialScreenConfig parameter may provide customization options that are relevant to your issue.

Once the product team responds, I'll record any additional relevant information in a response to this post or in a direct message, depending on the content. Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Thank you again!

Sam_Williams
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello again!

I have confirmed with the product team that the initialScreenConfig parameter should provide the customization options you require. Specifically, setting enabled to false. Below is an example provided by the team:

SinchSdk.Chat.mount({
  ... // other configuration parameters 
  initialScreenConfig: { enabled: false } 
});

Please let us know if you have any other questions. Thank you!

Charlien
New Contributor

Thanks Sam, appreciate the assistance and solution.