In Engage, customers can be created in three ways:
- When a customer contacts you for the first time, they are added automatically into Engage. Engage adds the customer based on phone number and includes basic information received from the channel. After this, an agent or a bot can add additional customer details.
- Admin or dispatcher uploads a list of customers.
- Admin or dispatcher creates a customer manually.
Upload customers from a CSV file
- Go to Customers > All customers.
- Above the Customers table on the top right, click the three dots and select Upload CSV.
- Select the file you want to upload and wait until the Import completed message appears.
Create a single customer manually
Note: You will send a billable WhatsApp message to the customer.
- Go to Customers > All Customers.
- Above the Customers table on the top right, click the three dots and select Add WhatsApp customer and send notification. A popup appears.
- In the popup, enter the customer's phone number in international format without spaces, dashes (-), or the plus sign (+).
For example, 12124567890, but not +1-212-456-7890 or +12124567890.
- Select the WhatsApp message template. Additional fields appear.
- Select language and click Submit.
The customer is created in Engage. You may need to reload the All customers view to find it.