cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Login to System Configurator while having multiple certificates

TaigaWoods
Contributor

Dear all,

as an Administrator I have a lot of certificates in my cert store.

When I launch System Configurator (CCtr 7.0.18.0) I still have no option to choose which certificate I want to use for the login. The SC itself is choosing which one it want to use.

In most cases the SC is choosing my "normal user" certificate instead of my "admin user" certificate. So I don't have any rights to change anything.

The only solution I've found is to remove all certificates but the "admin user" certificate. The SC is using the only certificate left and then I can do my admin stuff.

BUT then I am not able to open my encrypted E-Mails anymore, because my "normal user" certificate has been removed. So I need to re-sync my PC with our domain to get all my certificates installed again.

@Sinch DEV team:

Are you aware of that topic and do you have any information when a client certificate chooser will be available?

By the way... the SC is still able to choose an invalid client certificate for authentication even there are enough certificates that are OK/valid. This is another topic/request that I've asked SAP years ago already... but nothing happens.

Please give me a thumb-up if you have the same problem each day.

BR, TW

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Jukka
Employee
Employee

Hi, 

System Configurator indeed works like you have described in case when you have multiple system to host and each have certificates auth enabled. This is now reported as a feature request with ID 426 and we will analyze the need. 

BR,
Jukka

Jukka Suhonen, Contact Pro Senior Product Engineer

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

dhlashwe
Contributor

Hi Taiga,

I don't think this is a global problem - I am managing many SCs of our customers but I use username/password for authentication and password manager. 

I consider SSO is intended for end user, who access one system, rather than admins.

I still agree with you about choosing the outdated certificate being a nuisance. The problem is not only with SC but with CDT too - but at least it keeps agent's cert storage clean and tidy :-)..

Best regards,

Dawood

TaigaWoods
Contributor

Hi Dawood,

thanks for your reply.

I need my old certificates to be able to decrpyt my emails of the time the certificate was valid.

Seems that some kind of key is changing with every new certificate so that I can't open old emails with my current valid one.

The users have been moved to ECF Communication Panel. So only Supervisors and Admins like me still have the problems with invalid certificates.

For me it would be OK to use username/password, but it's not possible with invalid client certificates.

Is there any chance to get this changed in a future release?

BR, TW

Jukka
Employee
Employee

Hi, 

System Configurator indeed works like you have described in case when you have multiple system to host and each have certificates auth enabled. This is now reported as a feature request with ID 426 and we will analyze the need. 

BR,
Jukka

Jukka Suhonen, Contact Pro Senior Product Engineer

TaigaWoods
Contributor

Hi Jukka,

thanks for adding this to the feature request list. 🙂

BR, TW