cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding new users on mass

aldets
Frequent Contributor

Hi wise wizards,

I've searched the documents, but was unable to find any reference.

Is there a way to automaticly add a "default" password for a new user that has been created into the installation?
I know of atleast two ways to automate user account creation (talking abount On-Premise solution):

• via automatic import (legacy for me)
  • via RCI API endpoint (preferred way)

But every user account requires a password. Otherwise they can't login to Communication Panel (or CDT).  Yes we are still using basic authentication for agents (user/pass). So the question is, is there a way to add a dummy password for newly created user accounts (lets say "hello1234").

My endgoal is to automate user account synchronization between two installations. One that is constantly in use (primary) and a second one that is serving as a secondary solution and takes everything over if something would happen to the primary solution. A script would regularly check the users from installation A and if needed creates the same user to installation B with the default password.

Same would be if I had a fresh installation and needed to create a large number of user accounts. Would be a lot time consuming to insert the password to each account manually.

Definetly would love to avoid adding the password straight to database table.

Kind regards,

Alder

4 REPLIES 4

Jukka
Employee
Employee

Hi Alder, 

The issue of not being able to set passwords in the current RI stack, including through the import feature, has sparked a lot of discussion among our customers. To note, RI offers two methods for user creation: one is through an import resource that allows file uploads, and the other is a PUT request for individual users.

We recognize this feature is missing and have plans to address it. I believe the previous SOAP-based interface provided a way to set passwords, but I need to verify the specifics. I'll look into it and get back to you.

Best regards,
Jukka

ps. Answer modified by AI - just had to try it out 😀

Jukka Suhonen, Contact Pro Senior Product Engineer

Jukka
Employee
Employee

The Administration Configuration Interface (ACI) includes a SetPassword Operation. The API documentation is not currently accessible on the Sinch Contact Pro documentation site. For a copy of the document, please contact me via email.

Best Regards,
Jukka

Jukka Suhonen, Contact Pro Senior Product Engineer

aldets
Frequent Contributor

Hi,

I have a copy of the ACI documentation, quite old though and found the SetPassword query also. Haven't tested it yet.

Overall if You are planning to add it to the RI stack, that would be awesome. Will look into the SOAP version for the time being.

Kind regards,
Alder

Lance
Occasional Contributor

Sinch gets my support for improving the RI capability to create new users.  Many of our other IT systems have automated user account creation. My management is asking why we have to create accounts manually for Contact Pro.  

Best regards,

Lance