When you submit a support ticket to Digital Interconnect, the general rules for defining a severity of a ticket are as follows:
A Severity 1 problem consists of a fault that renders the whole or an important part of the Service unavailable. This applies to a total outage of the Service or rejection of more than 20% of incoming orders from a client’s interface due to server failure.
- Network outage – Input interfaces not reachable
- Database outage – traffic not processed.
- Messaging gateway outage (http(s)/smpp)
- Application outage (message manager, content manager, ppg).
Note: For Platinum customers, this means across all the Digital Interconnect platforms and 20% of the messages during the customers selected time frame.
A Severity 2 problem consists of a fault causing acute operational problems creating significant business impact (for example, considerable service restriction like the rejection of less than 20% but more than 5% of incoming orders)
- Customer unable to connect (http(s)/smpp)
- Short code(s) not working
- Customer not receiving MO’s
- MMS platform outage
- All messages to a particular destination not delivered
- Global notification issue.
A Severity 3 problem consists of a fault, which causes non-acute operational problems (for example, delays in sending SMS to the Mobile Operator or unavailability of the service details).
- Delivery delays
- Customer not receiving notifications or handset acknowledgements
- Extranet unavailable
- Messages duplicated.
A Severity 4 problem consists of a fault causing inaccuracy in respect to the service details available to customers on the Extranet.
- One or a limited number of messages not delivered
- Ported number issues
- TPOA issue
- Concatenation issue
- Extranet statistics incorrect
- Blacklist number
- WAP push or mms send not working
- Message syntax inquiry
- Special characters sent incorrectly or extra characters inserted in message
- Messages truncated
- Requests for information, no fault
- Add / Modify IP
- Account Routing – new and changes
- New Account Setup
- Change MO URL
- Change of contact information
- Request for specifications documentation
- Request for test routes.