cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Integration with Intercom live agent

hzaarour
Occasional Contributor

Dears,

While trying to integrate with Intercom live agent system iam facing problem is that i although configuration is correct but offloading is not working.

Can you please assist us with all steps to complete it.

Can we test it on emulator or just on web ? If on web do we need to do any additional configuration?

Thanks,

Hussein

9 REPLIES 9

Shahzad_Ismail
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Hussein,

Can you please clarify which Sinch product your are having problems with?

Thanks and kind regards,

Shahzad Ismail
Head of Knowledge Management and Community Engagement, Sinch

hzaarour
Occasional Contributor

Dear Shahzad,

Iam trying to integrate Intercom live agent system to Sinch Chatlayer chatbot. I followed all steps in the documentation and configured offloading correctly but still getting the mentioned error.

Regards,

Hussein

Shahzad_Ismail
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Hussein,

Ok got you. Let me escalate this to the Chatlayer team and we will try and get this resolved for your ASAP.

Thanks and kind regards,

Shahzad Ismail
Head of Knowledge Management and Community Engagement, Sinch

hzaarour
Occasional Contributor

Dear Shahzad ,

Just to inform you that i escalated the issue to chatlayer support team but didnt get the proper help to solve this issue. I added for them the bot id and the dialogs where i configured the offloading provider. Also i provided them with screenshots about the configuration and what i got while testing. I you can get someone from the support to make live call with us and assist us to complete the setup and solve the issue.

Regards,

Hussein

camila_spricigo
Employee
Employee

Hello Hussein, 

The current state of our Intercom integration only allows our chatbots to be active on an Intercom widget, using them as the front channel and offloading provider. The chatbot will be an automated agent inside of their widget.
Please let me know if this unblocks you.

Best regards,

Camila

hzaarour
Occasional Contributor

Hi Dear,

So how can i allow the chatbot on the intercom widget to test it ?

Another question is that if i went live with the chatbot on whatsapp or website can i run the live agent on the mentioned channels ?

Regards,

Hussein

Regards,

Hussein

camila_spricigo
Employee
Employee

Hi Hussein,

On Intercom, you need to create an agent for the chatbot. Upon following our instructions, https://docs.chatlayer.ai/integrateandcode/app-integrations/intercom, that agent will be the one responding as our chatbot.
For Intercom, I found these instructions on how to create a web chat https://www.intercom.com/help/en/articles/168-install-intercom-for-users-on-web.

The agent would not be able to go live on Sinch WhatsApp with the current integration we offer.

Best regards,

Camila

hzaarour
Occasional Contributor

Dear Camila,

I already followed the provided steps as mentioned but still not getting result. When opening widget of Intercom it must run the chatbot on if i configured intercom for specific team and agent but the message is being sent directly to the agent inbox and not to the team inbox . Also not the chatbot that is responding but the agent only.

Another thing that if we can install this live agent system on live chatbot this will not help me.

Can you tell me which live agent providers that i can use to go live with on chatlayer ?

Your urgent reply is much appreciated.

Best Regards,

Hussein

camila_spricigo
Employee
Employee

Hi Hussein,

For Intercom, the chatbot agent needs to be different than a real live agent (it needs a dedicated agent to act as the chatbot). Here's their documentation for assignment of incoming conversations https://www.intercom.com/help/en/articles/6561699-assign-conversations-to-teammates-and-teams.
Here are some of our current integrations with live agent systems: Sinch Contact Pro, Salesforce Service Cloud, Freshdesk Messaging, Sparkcentral, Webhook Offloading, which will give you the chance to integrate with platforms that are not in our list today.

Best regards,

Camila