cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Message id and batches

Telison
Occasional Contributor

We are sending text messages via the batches endpoint, one message at a time. From the response we log the id. We were hoping this id could be used to search for the message in your portal, but that does not seem to work. 

How does the id of the batches response correspond to "message id", which seems to be what you would use when searching in your portal?

3 REPLIES 3

Alexander_Mair
Employee
Employee

Thank you for your question Tomas. As a first suggestion, you may want to look at retrieving a delivery report as a potential solution to your problem.  In addition, it would be helpful if you could clarify what you mean by "our portal." Are you referring to the Dashboard Message Search?

Thanks and kind regards,

Alex Mair, SMS Documentation Engineer

Telison
Occasional Contributor

Yes, the dashboard is what I meant. Sorry for being unclear, I got this info from our devops guys, I don't have access to the dashboard myself. Ok, so delivery reports may be the way to get a hold of the message id? I did read about that in your docs but didn't see the term message id being used there either, but I am probably missing something, will experiment!

For your clarification Tomas, message ID on the Dashboard Message Search is the same as batch ID in the API reference.

Hope this helps,

Alex Mair, SMS Documentation Engineer