cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Could Someone Give me Guidance on Implementing Sinch SMS API for Customer Notifications?

natalia874
Occasional Contributor

Hello there,

I am new to using Sinch’s API and I am seeking some advice from more experienced users here. Our company is looking to integrate Sinch’s SMS API into our customer; notification system to improve communication and provide timely updates to our clients.

We need to send automated SMS notifications for order confirmations; shipping updates; appointment reminders; and promotional offers.

We want to enable two-way SMS so customers can reply to notifications for confirmation or inquiries.

Our customer base is global; so we need to ensure that our SMS; notifications can be delivered internationally without issues.

Are there any best practices or common pitfalls we should be; aware of when implementing Sinch’s SMS API?

How can we effectively set up and manage two-way SMS communications? Are there; any additional configurations or costs involved?

Also, I have gone through this post: https://www.sinch.com/fr-fr/messaging-service-level-minitab-agreement-sla/ which definitely helped me out a lot.

What are the recommended security practices when integrating Sinch API to ensure data protection and compliance with regulations like; GDPR?

Thank you in advance for your help and assistance.

1 REPLY 1

Shahzad_Ismail
Community Manager
Community Manager

First let me share some links to some helpful resources for our SMS API:

Sinch’s extensive global network reach ensures that you can reach almost any phone on the plant using our SMS API. However, it is important to note that when sending messages to different countries, customers are obligated to comply with all applicable regulations and requirements pertaining to that country. The  Sinch Customer Dashboard contains comprehensive Country Information pages, which detail regulatory and compliance information to help you communicate successfully with different countries.

Our SMS knowledgebase outlines some of best practises for sending SMS.

Regarding pricing the costs to send a message can be found on our SMS pricing page.

At Sinch the security, integrity, and availability of your data are our top priorities. We understand how vital security is to you and your business success. To ensure you never have to worry, at Sinch we use a multi-layered approach to protect and monitor all your information. To learn more, view the dedicated Security page on sinch.com.

However, if you have any specific pricing questions regarding pricing, security or anything else, please reach out to your Sinch Account Manager or complete our simple form to contact Sinch.

Thanks and kind regards,

Shahzad Ismail
Head of Knowledge Management and Community Engagement, Sinch