cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Messages Not Delivered

ecs1927
Occasional Contributor

I am new to Sinch and I am having some difficulty. My messages (test messages) indicate they have been sent but the never arrive on my phone. I tried to send a batch the other day, it the system says they have been sent but when I Iook at the status, they have not been delivered. Can somebody provide me with the proper U.S. phone number format and any advice on why the messages are not being received even though the system says they have been sent? Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Shahzad_Ismail
Community Manager
Community Manager

There can be many reasons why an SMS may not be delivered:

• handset issue
  • issue with the destination network
  • due to a regulatory issue in the destination country.

You can use the Sinch Customer Dashboard and our technical documentation to find out more information about why your SMS has not been delivered. We recommend you first try the Message Search tool in the dashboard.

The format of US numbers is to prefix the number with the internal dialling code (for US that is +1) but you do not need to include the "+", for example: 12085917772.

If you still have further questions, contact Sinch Support.

Shahzad Ismail
Head of Knowledge Management and Community Engagement, Sinch

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Shahzad_Ismail
Community Manager
Community Manager

There can be many reasons why an SMS may not be delivered:

• handset issue
  • issue with the destination network
  • due to a regulatory issue in the destination country.

You can use the Sinch Customer Dashboard and our technical documentation to find out more information about why your SMS has not been delivered. We recommend you first try the Message Search tool in the dashboard.

The format of US numbers is to prefix the number with the internal dialling code (for US that is +1) but you do not need to include the "+", for example: 12085917772.

If you still have further questions, contact Sinch Support.

Shahzad Ismail
Head of Knowledge Management and Community Engagement, Sinch