cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in SMS delivery

shweta_paigude
New Contributor

Hello,

I'm currently new to Sinch and currently in the process of evaluating it (in test mode) for fulfilling my SMS requirements.

I'm utilizing the Java SDK to send SMS messages to various numbers worldwide. I've successfully sent SMS messages to numbers in South Korea, Germany, and India. However, when attempting to send messages to US numbers, I encountered the following error in the Message Search section of the portal:

Description:

Destination blocked

Account not permitted to reach the destination MSISDN

Please let me know for US numbers anything else needs to be done.

Thanks,

Shweta paigude

3 REPLIES 3

Shahzad_Ismail
Community Manager
Community Manager
Hi Shweta,
Can you please provide some more information about which Java SDK you are using?

Can you please send us a code sample you are using to send SMS and the Full payload response if possible.

Thanks and kind regards,
Shahzad Ismail
Head of Knowledge Management and Community Engagement, Sinch

shweta_paigude
New Contributor

Hi Shahzad,

I have added this dependency of sinch java sdk

implementation 'com.sinch.sdk:sinch-sdk-java:+'

Below is the sample code. I have added placeholders for actual values :

SinchClient client = new SinchClient(Configuration.builder()
.setKeyId(<secret_key_id>)
.setKeySecret(<secret_key>)
.setProjectId(<project_id>)
.setSmsRegion(SMSRegion.US)
.build());

BatchText value =
client.sms().batches().send(
SendSmsBatchTextRequest.builder()
.setTo(Collections.singletonList(<us_number>))
.setBody("This is a test SMS message using the Sinch Java SDK.")
.setFrom(<no_allotted_by_sinch>)
.build());

Response:
BatchText{flashMessage=false, parameters=null, truncateConcat=null, maxNumberOfMessageParts=null, fromTon=null, fromNpi=null} Batch{id='01HX6Q9FNS30AC672M6N7P0K9B', to=[<to_no>], from='447520662382', canceled=false, body=This is a test SMS message using the Sinch Java SDK., createdAt=2024-05-06T10:30:47.736Z, modifiedAt=2024-05-06T10:30:47.736Z, deliveryReportType=none, sendAt=null, expireAt=2024-05-09T10:30:47.737Z, callbackUrl='null', clientReference='null', feedbackEnabled=null}

Hi Shweta,

For this issue to be looked into properly we recommend that you raise a support ticket. The linked article provides comprehensive instructions on how to create a support ticket.

Just a point to note if you are trying to send a message to the USA then you need a 10DLC number to send the message from. For more information about this refer to our 10DLC knowledgebase

Thanks and kind regards,

Shahzad Ismail
Head of Knowledge Management and Community Engagement, Sinch