cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WeChat requirements - Api Key

Naisbelis
Occasional Contributor

Hello, good afternoon, I would like to know what are the requirements for registering a wechat account?

and what is the procedure to follow to obtain API keys, token or ID.

What are the associated costs?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Sam_Williams
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello, thank you for your question!

Creating a WeChat Official Account is free, and WeChat account creation is completed using the WeChat Official Accounts Platform. The account must be a Verified Service Account in order to have full API access. To get your Service Account verified by an authorized agency, the account owner must have a legal business entity in China.

For more information on WeChat account creation (and WeChat in general), you can visit our WeChat Community Knowledge Base. There, you'll find useful articles, including:

After creating your account, you must connect it to your Sinch solution. Sinch provides support for WeChat through the WeChat channel of the Conversation API. Our Conversation API Getting Started guide details the steps required to set up Conversation API on your account, and our article How do I configure a WeChat channel on the Conversation API? provides instructions for configuring the WeChat channel on your Conversation API app. Our developer documentation site also details this information, along with information on how to configure the channel using API calls.

Finally, it is free for users to send social messages between friends and business channels when using WeChat. However, you must have a license for the Conversation API platform in order to send messages on the WeChat channel of the Conversation API. Contact your Sinch Account Manager for pricing information and for any other questions.

Thank you again for reaching out!

Sam Williams, Sinch Documentation Engineer

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Sam_Williams
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello, thank you for your question!

Creating a WeChat Official Account is free, and WeChat account creation is completed using the WeChat Official Accounts Platform. The account must be a Verified Service Account in order to have full API access. To get your Service Account verified by an authorized agency, the account owner must have a legal business entity in China.

For more information on WeChat account creation (and WeChat in general), you can visit our WeChat Community Knowledge Base. There, you'll find useful articles, including:

After creating your account, you must connect it to your Sinch solution. Sinch provides support for WeChat through the WeChat channel of the Conversation API. Our Conversation API Getting Started guide details the steps required to set up Conversation API on your account, and our article How do I configure a WeChat channel on the Conversation API? provides instructions for configuring the WeChat channel on your Conversation API app. Our developer documentation site also details this information, along with information on how to configure the channel using API calls.

Finally, it is free for users to send social messages between friends and business channels when using WeChat. However, you must have a license for the Conversation API platform in order to send messages on the WeChat channel of the Conversation API. Contact your Sinch Account Manager for pricing information and for any other questions.

Thank you again for reaching out!

Naisbelis
Occasional Contributor

Hello Sam

Nice to greet you and sorry for the delay in response, how can I contact a Sinch executive to find out the costs? I am very interested

Greetings

Naisbelis
Occasional Contributor

Hello, I do not have a company created in China, how can I have a verified account?

Hello, thank you for your interest! According to our documentation, the owner of the WeChat Service Account must have a legal business entity in China in order to get the Service Account verified by an authorized agency. Details about that legal business entity must be provided during the WeChat Verification process. Therefore, if the account owner does not have a legal business entity in China, you will be unable to verify the Service Account.

We have reached out to our Product team and asked whether there is any additional information on the WeChat account creation and verification process. We'll respond to this post with any relevant findings. We'll also review our documentation to ensure that all relevant information has been recorded.

Thank you again!

Hi Naisbelis,

For WeChat Product cost and other pricing related enquiries, please head to https://www.sinch.com/contact-us/

after completed the form, our sales team will get back to you shortly.