cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do we CATEGORIZE incoming requests?

pradeepg
New Contributor

Hello Nina - thanks for the great article here https://community.sinch.com/t5/Contact/What-does-the-Auto-Allocate-toggle-do/ta-p/8255. And I tried the Beta version. Question is - say, there are 20 messages are in the 'General' category, and a supervisor wants to categorize them - can they do it in Contact? The answer may be "No" - but I am curious how this whole "Skills" feature works if most queries are coming from a channel like Facebook or WhatsApp - and not WEB CHAT (where you can ask consumers to pick a category up front)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Niina_P
Employees

Hello Pradeep! I'm glad you liked the article. Also related to your question: hang tight, there's more on the way! 😊 We're working on getting a bunch more articles out and they'll also touch on the topics you're asking about.

In short, each category can combine channels and skill requirements. So, when configuring your Contact application you'd add a category, for example, for each of your Facebook pages in a different language (channel would be Facebook Messenger and skill requirement the language in question). You'd also have a channel for each of these pages configured in your Conversation API app. You'd assign the language skills to your agents, who would then only be offered conversations in the language(s) they know.

Currently, changing the skills of queueing conversations isn't possible but I believe this is in the backlog for the future. I'll trust Hanna to correct me 😊

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Niina_P
Employees

Hello Pradeep! I'm glad you liked the article. Also related to your question: hang tight, there's more on the way! 😊 We're working on getting a bunch more articles out and they'll also touch on the topics you're asking about.

In short, each category can combine channels and skill requirements. So, when configuring your Contact application you'd add a category, for example, for each of your Facebook pages in a different language (channel would be Facebook Messenger and skill requirement the language in question). You'd also have a channel for each of these pages configured in your Conversation API app. You'd assign the language skills to your agents, who would then only be offered conversations in the language(s) they know.

Currently, changing the skills of queueing conversations isn't possible but I believe this is in the backlog for the future. I'll trust Hanna to correct me 😊

View solution in original post